Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last day of Public School

Yesterday was the last day of public school here, and the first day that it started to sink in with the 3 Musketeers.  It started with Aramis.  He began to get all mopey.  By the end of the day, when it was nearly time for bed, he was crying. Aramis realized he was going to miss his friends.  I hugged him and loved on him and told him that he would see them throughout the summer at VBS's (I've signed them up for everyone in this town).  I told this youngest one that I have the school directory and we can call them.
Skip ahead an hour.  The two younger boys, Porthos and Aramis are in bed when Porthos begins crying heavily.  He too will miss his friends.  I tell him the same thing I told Aramis.  He finally settled down, or so I thought.  Nearly an hour later I find Athos in the younger two's room once again comforting Porthos and encouraging him to sleep.  When Athos comes out, he confides in me that today he too had realized that he would miss his friends.  Who knew my children had become such social butterflies.  I reassured him much as I had the other two.  I think the fact that we have a birthday party today will help them greatly with the adjustment to summer, and in turn homeschooling.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment