Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Beginning homeschool is like...

Starting homeschooling is like getting married. As you get closer to the wedding date, and maybe even as you are walking down the isle, reality sets in. You begin to ask yourself, is this the person I want to spend the rest of my life with? Can I really be a wife? Do I really want to give up the freedom of being single? What if he snores? What if he doesn't like the way I look in the morning and can't bare to face me? What if he stops paying attention to me? Translate that to homeschooling; Is this really the educational I want for my child? Can I really be a teacher? Do I really want to give up the hours from 8am to 3pm? What if he doesn't like the way I teach? What if he sees me as me as Mom and doesn't want to see me as Teacher? What if he stops listening to me? But you felt before this scary moment that this was IT. This was the one. The way it is meant to be. Hold on to that. And to borrow from the "Seven Habits of Highly Successful People", begin with the end in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment