Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

2016 Not-Back-to-School day

Today was the start of public school in my town.  On Facebook there were many posts with pictures of children and teens ready to head off to school after their requisite 3 months off.  Not wanting to feel left out, I had my boys line up in the living room so I could take their picture to share.  With it, they held a sign saying 1st day of NOT back to school 2016.  Complete with silly faces and pajamas.  Why?  Why not?  We aren't starting for two weeks anyway, and they'll most likely spend most days in their pajamas.  

 
That being said, I now have two weeks to get everything organized and ready for the new school year.  Ok, so let's face it... Athos is still trudging through Algebra 1 and Biology.  Not quite sure how we are going to handle this.  We could: 1. Continue with that until he finishes both.  2. Move on to this year's subjects: Geometry and Chemistry.  3. Double up.  Do both.  Hmmm....

In the mean time, I bet you are wondering what we are going to be using this year.  Some things remain the same, while others have changed.  Athos is switching over to "My Father's World: Ancient History and Literature" for Bible, History and Literature.  He is sticking with BJU Press for math, and Apologia for science.  Porthos and Aramis are both sticking with My Father's World again for Bible, History, and Science.  This year it is "Creation to the Greeks".  Porthos will also be using Teaching Textbooks for math.  Aramis is using Life of Fred for Math.  I am thinking about using Apologia's Writers in Residence for both of their language arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment