Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sampling AOP's Monarch program

    We are half way through our 3rd year now.  Things are getting a bit better this time around.  Though we still have a ways to go.  In the past, it has been Porthos that I have struggled with finding the right curriculum for.  This year, Athos is falling behind in math, and that is, in part, my fault.  He has been using BJU Press for his math.  His preference.  He has reached a point where I am the one struggling to help him, as I didn't get that far with algebra myself.  So after a year and a half of trudging through this book, and making little progress, I found what may be a ray of sunshine.  A glimmer of hope.  A light at the end of this very long dark tunnel of math.  

    Recently, I stumbled upon a link to try Monarch online free for 30 days.  I also entered in the giveaway they are having.  I set it up for all three of my Musketeers to try during Christmas break.  Athos has used it a few times and really seems to like it.  Even the math.  This is fantastic!  I have tried so many avenues for him this year, trying to find one he would like that worked for him.  Porthos is using Teaching Textbooks, and really likes it.  He has been doing so well with it.  Better than I have ever seen with him.  Aramis has been using Life of Fred, with a supplement of Easy Peasy All-in-one homeschool.  

    Where Porthos likes the animation, interaction, and instant recognition of TT, Athos prefers the text book style and no-frills approach.  Monarch through Alpha Omega Publications offers that.  Plus, it's online and grades as he goes.  Monarch also offers language arts, science, bible, and history/geography.  

    Although I am hoping to continue with My Father's World and Apologia, I am excited to have Monarch as an option for our family.  Thank you Monarch for the opportunity to try out your curriculum before making a decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment